If you teach University of Edinburgh medical undergraduates, then our Clinical Educator Programme (CEP) is for you.
It is a free programme of workshops* and online modules focused on medical education.
All our workshops are CPD accredited by the Royal Colleges.
CEP Mission Statement
The Clinical Educator Programme develops and supports a faculty of medical educators within South East Scotland to promote, deliver and maintain excellence in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in line with the UK Professional Standards Framework and the General Medical Council Recognition of Trainers’ requirements.
Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
This can be achieved by completing Level 3 of our Programme.
The HEA focusses exclusively on teaching quality. Its UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF)underpins a great deal of the Programme, including: our workshop learning outcomes, the teaching observation and feedback session and the reflective portfolio assignment.
Our Programme is mapped to the UK Professional Standards Framework.
What you will get out of the CEP
The CEP will help you:
● develop, maintain and improve your teaching skills
● support you to reflect on your teaching practice
● make sure your knowledge of teaching methods is up to date
● fulfil the GMC requirements for Recognition and Approval of Trainers. The GMC requires evidence aligned to 7 Framework Areas. All these Areas are addressed by our Programme. If you have any questions about Recognition of Trainers, contact ROT@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk
The Programme has 4 levels . If you complete Level 3, you can:
● apply for membership of the Academy of Medical Educators
● carry 20 SCQF credits at postgraduate level 11 towards the University of Edinburgh Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP)
● carry 20 SCQF credits at postgraduate level 11 towards the University of Edinburgh MSc in Clinical Education
* Within South East Scotland only. Charges apply for anyone who wishes to participate in the Programme and teaches outwith South East Scotland. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.