How can I register on CEP?
How does it work?
You can complete the whole programme or simply select the courses that are relevant to you. The courses require 14 hours to complete and are delivered online. And best of all, it's FREE!
Book a place on a course through the Tutorial Booking System (TuBS). Please select Clinical Educator Programme (CEP) as one of your organisations and an appropriate role to access the courses. If a particular course you would like to attend is fully booked, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the waiting list.
The maximum time allowed to complete the programme up to Level 2 is five years, but it can easily be completed sooner (within 12 months), and your certificate is valid for five years before requiring revalidation.
The content of each of the CEP levels build on one another, so you can use the courses you completed for the Introductory Level towards Level 1, Level 1 towards Level 2 and so on, as long as you do this within 5 years. Please note that completion of the Introductory Level is not required before completing Levels 1, 2 or 3.
Please remember to keep a record of training you are doing towards completion of the CEP. We keep a record of courses you have completed. However, if you think that you have completed one of the levels and we have not already sent your certificate, please contact us at email@example.com
Each of the 6 courses (previously known as workshops) will be broken down as:
- 2 hours of preparation (total 12 hours for Levels 2 and 3)
- 1.5 hours of online workshop or online synchronous activity (total 9 hours for Levels 2 and 3)
- 2 hours of follow up reading or other materials (total 12 hours for Levels 2 and 3)
- 8 hours of self-directed workplace activity following on from course learning (total 48 hours for Levels 2 and 3)
- 0.5 hour of learning card reflection (total 3 hours for Levels 2 and 3)
- Teaching Observation and Feedback (2 hours of actual teaching observation and feedback plus 9 hours of preparation, reflection and personal development planning plus 30 hours of self-directed workplace activity following on from TOF learning for Levels 2 and 3)
These hours along with the Reflective Portfolio Assignment (75 hours of assignment preparation) bring the total for Level 3 to 200 hours.
Revalidation of the Clinical Educator Programme
Your Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 certification is valid for 5 years after you complete it. To maintain your CEP status you must revalidate every 5 years.
Go to the Revalidation page for details of what is involved for the different levels.
You should be collecting evidence of the educational activities you have been involved in and recording it on SOAR (Scottish Online Appraisal Resource) on an ongoing basis.